Friday, December 12, 2008

Sickness ravages Kawachinagano

So this week I got sick. Again. I finally was over being sick in the mid to end November, and unfortunately, it hit me again. Monday I started getting muscle aches, and then it all went downhill. Sore throat, headache, mucus galore. But in Japan, unless you have a high fever, the show must go on... and because my thermometer never rose above 37 degrees, to work I went. Tuesday I was okay, I started feeling really bad at night, but Wednesday was down right awful. I also taught 6 classes that day, so I had no time to relax. So, Thursday, my manager came to work also sick. She doesn't agree, but I think it is my fault. She said her boyfriend is also sick so thats how she got it... but nonetheless, we were both useless all day Thursday. So, a thoughtful student brought us some medicine. Here is a picture of the box:


You might not be able to read all of the illnesses this medicine helps, but there are a wide variety. I was too worried it would cure my anorexia, or my weak constitution, so I decided not to take it.

So today my manager was absent, and this was the first day maybe all month that we got a visitor. Also, the phone rang off the hook all day. It was like someone knew that two english speaking foreigners were running the place.

However, I am feeling a little better now. Hopefully I will be all better by the weekend, because I would hate to have my days off spent in bed.

1 comment:

Sarah In Japan said...

OMG Nick, you're falling apart!
I'm so sorry, I hope you feel better SOON!!!

P.S. That "medicine" reminds me of the tonics that street peddlers used to sell around the turn of the (last) century! It'll cure everything you've got instantly!!

How on *earth* will it cure anorexia??? Inquiring minds want to know!! Actually, I'd be thrilled if it could *cause* anorexia because I seriously need to lose some weight! ;)

GET BETTER!!! =D