Thursday, December 4, 2008

A scolding and a haircut

So my hair was getting pretty long. Like a mind of its own long. So I decided, in a fit of some craziness, to cut it myself.... bad choice. It was all choppy and messy and I was totally scared to leave the house. SO I put on a hood and went to get it cut professionally today. There are many haircut places in Japan, but most are priced over 20 bucks.. there is a salon right beside my apartment and their cut price is 40 bucks. However there is a haircut chain called QB House in Japan and they specialize in cheap/short haircuts. 10 minutes for about 10 bucks.



So I went in, and when the guy was checking my head, he was like "Did you cut some yourself??" And I just said..... yes. He totally yelled at me... he even said he doesn't even cut his own hair... so after he made me feel horrible, he fixed my head, and I thanked him countless times. ALL for like 10 bucks.

Now after usual haircuts in America, I have to go home and shower because there are stray bits of hair sitting on my head. But, Japan has a remedy for this. There was a shop vac attached to the wall with a brush attachment on the end, and the stylist proceeded to shop vac my head. All clean!

So now I have a haircut and still some money in my wallet. So to celebrate my not poor-ness, I bought some socks and a new belt for work... great....

But yeah, it was very interesting!

No comments: