So this weekend was a long weekend for GEOS teachers. We usually have Sunday, Monday off but this week we had Tuesday off as well because it was a national holiday. Thank goodness I say. Thank goodness. I needed a long break. However, now as I type this, I can feel my cold/influenza coming back. No wonder Japanese people are so scared of the flu, it never dies in this country. I've figured out the two things that scare Japanese people more than anything else: 1) speaking English at them, and 2) mentioning the flu. Try it sometime if you're feeling sinister.
Well, I spent my Sunday at the Christmas Party and then the kids wore me out so much that I went home to sleep. Then yesterday I went to Nara with my friend Sarah and her friend Marianna. It was freezing cold but we still insisted on going. I invested in a pair of $10 gloves a few weeks ago, so I was golden. The main adventure was seeing the deer, since we didn't want to pay money to see the big Buddha statue (you see one, you see them all, I say). We couldn't find anywhere to buy food, but we noticed this one very energetic deer standing up to grab leaves off the trees. So, we followed suit, and started picking them some nice, delicious leaves.

During our adventure, we met a small Japanese family, and we gave their son some leaves to feed the deer.
Well, I spent my Sunday at the Christmas Party and then the kids wore me out so much that I went home to sleep. Then yesterday I went to Nara with my friend Sarah and her friend Marianna. It was freezing cold but we still insisted on going. I invested in a pair of $10 gloves a few weeks ago, so I was golden. The main adventure was seeing the deer, since we didn't want to pay money to see the big Buddha statue (you see one, you see them all, I say). We couldn't find anywhere to buy food, but we noticed this one very energetic deer standing up to grab leaves off the trees. So, we followed suit, and started picking them some nice, delicious leaves.
During our adventure, we met a small Japanese family, and we gave their son some leaves to feed the deer.
However, the kid got over confident and went over to two deer who were bucking heads, and tried to feed one. Well, he turned around and bucked the little boy right in the stomach. I think all three of us gasped at the same time, and his parents ran to his safety. From the kids point of view, it probably looked a lot like this:
This deer was a total jerk. He would take leaves and then start following you around until you gave him more, and if you didn't, he's come at you with his horns. No fun, I say.

No comments:
Post a Comment