Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vancouver--training

I am on day 3 of training now. Only 1 more and then it's off to Japan! I got my address yesterday, but I don't have it on me now, nor do I know how to officially American-ize it. Once I figure it out, I'll post it. I am living in Sakai and my school is in Kawachinagano, so refer to the map earlier in my blog to see the difference. I'll probably have to take a commuter pass to get to school, but I'm not worried. I don't have to pay for it. However, my rent will be $600 a month, so I am a little worried about that.

So Vancouver is a beautiful city. The hostel I am staying in is not as beautiful, but it gets the job done. There is not enough space for my crap and getting back to the airport is going to be interesting, but it will happen and I'll be fine.

We taught our first lessons yesterday with actual "Japanese" students (it's in quotes because my girl was from Korea and named Bikki or something). It went better than I expected. I have to teach another lesson today, and it will be a little harder, but I am hopefully prepared for the challenge.

Last night as I was walking back to the hostel, I saw a skunk! Just walking down the street. It was so amazing. I took some pictures, but they didn't come out really well. Once I find a USB cable, I'll post everything, but until then, I can't promise.

Well, the hostel dining room is filling up with the 200 spanish speaking children who are staying here for some reason, so I should go. I'll talk to you all soon!

No comments: