Today was very interesting. I woke up around 7 and decided to get a shower and get ready for the day. My water was still freezing, but I sucked it up and got an ice cold shower. I even looked in the apartment manual to see how to fix not having hot water, but it was all in Japanese, and even if I did everything I could, nothing changed. Then I got dressed and went off in search of an internet café. I found none. I did find a lot of beauty salons and stores that don’t open until 10. I had breakfast at Mr Donuts, and it was delicious. I had a chocolate donut sprinkled with coconut and a cup of “American coffee.” I then decided to go shopping for room stuff, and along the way, I met 2 nekos and a turtle! It was raining so I didn’t have my camera, but I wish I could have taken pictures of them.
On the way back from shopping I found a netcafe and was so excited. I rushed back to put all of my goods in my apartment and I was going to hurry back to the café. However, I forgot the way home… so I asked this random woman on the street, and she told me how to get back to the station. Well, she told me the wrong way! I know because she chased after me on her bike screaming “oniisan! Oniisan!” which technically means older brother, but in my case, random foreign guy. She told me she was sorry for telling me the wrong way, and she and her granddaughter walked me to the station. We chatted a bit, it was nice to use Japanese again, however rusty it was, and she invited me to her house for okonomiyaki sometime. However, I forget where she lives and I’ll probably never see her again.
SO OK! I made it back, dropped off my stuff, and then went to the net café. It took about 20 minutes to get there on foot, and I was so excited to be able to get online, and they were like, “if you don’t have an alien registration card, you can’t come in.” I was like, umm what? So yeah. I was denied. SO I walked 20 mins for nothing. Then I decided to check out the bike shop next door to see what they had to offer because my legs kinda hurt. I found one I liked for 98000 yen. I was like, wow that’s cheap, until I realized that 100 yen = 1 dollar roughly…. so you do the conversion. I quickly stepped away from the bikes. So since then, I’ve been just chilling out at the house, watching Japanese TV. I am on my way to the going away party for the teacher Naomi I am taking over for, so I am excited for that. I will hopefully get internet tomorrow…. I made a list for my manager to do. So until then!
Of course, more pictures from my apartment and city!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what does that mean? Will that spider kill you? I'm confused.
Translate for us Americans :)
if I could send you some Olive garden breadsticks I would. -Katie
Post a Comment