Scarves. Really.
I never understood why people wore scarves. For 23 years I only wore one to play in the snow, and even then it got covered in snow and ended up being more of a hindrance than a blessing. But in Japan, Japanese and foreign people alike, EVERYONE wears a scarf! Everyone. Except me. A few nights ago, my friend Daryn told me I was going to freeze because I didn't have a scarf on... and I said, I'll be okay. I had a heavy coat, how could a little piece of fabric wrapped around my neck make a difference?
Well, today I was shopping for some ties and dress shirts because I felt like with the new year, I also need something new to bring to my work wardrobe. I bought 2 new ties and one shirt that was very reasonably priced, I might go back and buy more. Furthermore, it fit! I wear an LL, but it's because my neck is so MASSIVE from all the working out I do... but I digress. I came across a scarf stand today and found one I actually liked. I of course like scarves, I think they are a nice fashionable accessory to add to any winter ensemble, but I just didn't see the practical use for scarves. So, I decided to buy the scarf out of peer pressure and curiosity. My friend Sarah had to show me how to wear the thing because scarves are totally foreign to me... BUT I got it around my neck, and my whole body, no my whole BEING, felt warm and fuzzy.
It was like, instant heat. When we went into another store, I took off the scarf and my neck suddenly felt so naked, like the scarf had molded into my body... it became one with me. I couldn't wait to get out of the store JUST so I could wear my scarf again.... and I've decided that people are addicted to scarves. They wear them not because it's fashionable or because it's too cold... no. It's an addiction.
Now, don't get me started with gloves...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I admit, I have fallen to this same addiction. Until I came here, I don't remember ever wearing a scarf. Now I don't go anywhere without mine. I'll even wear it inside if I think I can get away with it.
P.S. I'm also unnaturally attached to my gloves, but toe socks are just plain weird.
Just had to tell you that this blog totally made me smile! Nothing goes better with a mini skirt and stripper heels than a huge scarf! Now I understand why!! The neck is apparently where the body's heater is stored! I seeeeee.... =D
P.S. I fear for anyone's parts who use bidets or the squatters. One false step in a squatter and you'll have a broken va-jay-jay! I thought of something else worse to say but thought I should keep it to myself. =D
Feel free to delete this comment if it's too risque!! ;)
Post a Comment