I've been in Osaka for a little over 2 months now, and as much as I love Osaka, I needed a breath of fresh air. So, my friend Sarah who felt the same way, and I made plans to travel for New Years. Okinawa? Tempting, but too expensive. Hiroshima? Far. Tokyo? Too expensive. So, we chose Nagoya, a quaint little city only an hour from Osaka by Shinkansen (bullet train). We invited a group of friends, but only our friend Adam joined in. Luckily, he studied abroad in Nagoya, so he knew all the hot spots.
We spent 4 days in Nagoya, and it's really hard to blog about every little thing we did. On New Years Eve, we waited in line to pray at a temple with 300+ Japanese people. at 20 seconds til midnight, we started a countdown, and luckily many Japanese people chimed in. So, we prayed, bought good luck charms, and uncorked our champagne. Here's to 2009 everyone.

My New Years message to you
No comments:
Post a Comment