Monday, February 2, 2009

Feels like home

I am starting to finally feel at home in my apartment. I hated it for the longest time and was actually thinking of moving, but this is my home for however long I plan to be here, and I am happy with it. It's big enough for me, and thats all I need. I can squeeze friends here if I need to, so I am very very content with my place. 

I absolutely love my coffee maker. It's so adorable and it makes good coffee. Again, enough for one person, but thats perfect for me. I am drinking coffee from it now. Delish!

I broke down today and bought Linda Eder's new album. I figured, eh, what the heck. It's not as good as her older stuff... it's much more inspirational and "easy listening." I miss when she used to sing jazzier songs that actually showed off her vocal talent.

Saturday was the last day of the business month at work, and we barely made our goal... meaning, if one of the students didn't deposit money in our bank account like he said he would, we didn't make goal haha. It doesn't matter to me. So, Saturday after work, I got a package from my mom full of slim jims, candy bars, and homemade beef jerky. I love beef jerky... but I have no idea why she thinks I like slim jims. I've eaten maybe 3 in my whole life... but my package was full of them. Maybe 2 boxes. But, Saturday night, I drank chu-hai (STRONGs), ate beef jerky, and watched Shortbus. It was exactly what I needed after the week I had. 

Then Sunday I relaxed all day, did some laundry, and Sunday night went out for dinner and drinks with a fellow teacher named Katie who is transferring to the Shanghai GEOS school. My friend Daryn came the whole way from kyoto to hang out with us, so since it was too far to go back, she stayed at my place all night. Fun timeeeeees!

Also Sunday I bought a wireless router at the electronics store near my place, and I tried and tried to get it to work with no avail. I was so pissed, but today I tried it again and it worked....... I just kept hitting the reset button and bam, it connected. So I got on my Wii and downloaded some virtual console games and checked the weather and other nerdy things like that. My plan after updating you on my life is to play play play because it's pretty lame that I brought my nintendo and I've only turned it on twice.

It feels so awesome to have nothing to do. I made spaghetti and meatballs today for lunch/dinner, and I didn't eat the meatballs before the pasta was done this time. Nor did I spill sauce all over my floor. I honestly don't have any complaints about today... wooooooo. However, work starts again tomorrow... OK nothing else to say, so until next time. Let's pray something interesting happens.

No comments: