Monday, November 17, 2008

I've been chotto MIA

So what can I say...?

I'm still in Japan. I am still alive. Things are getting better. I just ate dinner and now I am relaxing in front of my computer. I have to clean soon because my hardwood floors are dirty.

Nothing really exciting happened this week except I got an e-mail invitiation to go to the GEOS Head Office to do more training in 2 weeks! And by invitation, I mean I was summoned like jury duty or something. It's so annoying, but I get to see a lot of the teachers I like. That will make everything worth it. We go Thursday the 27th and Friday the 28th, so on Thursday night, we're all going out to eat for Thanksgiving, hopefully. There's no turkey in Japan, so we're having the next best thing--Mexican. This week one of my students took a picture of me to show to her daughter. She said her daughter just wanted to see her mom's new teacher... but I have this sick feeling there is a 
love connection brewing.... just my luck.

OH yes, I got a cell phone! After trying various AU shops, the one in Kawachinagano finally gave in and let me get a phone... so after all of that, I went to pick up my phone maybe 20-30 minutes after 
I applied, and the guy said, "so, I said your phone was bilingual before.... ha but it's not!" and instead of asking if I wanted another model, he said, here you go! I like my phone a lot.

This is my phone except mine is red, not this blue color. However, the guy at the store totally signed me up for all of this crazy stuff that he said I have to wait until December to cancel.... I dunno. I just said OK give me a phone please.

I also got some bills recently... I got an electric bill and a gas bill. I feel like a real grown up! My gas bill was outrageous, but my electric bill wasn't too bad. I was worried they both would be horrible because I am always using many many electronic devices at once.

Oh and I weighed myself for the first time yesterday since I had to weigh my suitcases to get on the plane. In America, I weighed close to 175 lbs or 79.5 kg. When I weighed myself yesterday, I weighed 68 kg or 150 lbs. I'm walking more, and I am on the GEOS diet... starve yourself all day because you have roughly 6 classes to plan and teach, and then when you get home, you can only afford cup ramen because you're so poor. Pretty great! None of my work clothes fit anymore, and now I feel like I'm wearing garbage bags...

But thats all for now. When I feel more ambitious I'll post pictures from Kyoto yesterday.

No comments: