Even in Japan, they call us Nick-sensei, Pat-sensei, and it's lovely. I don't see myself as being a mister... I'm still under 30 and unmarried, so therefore I do not like anyone calling me mister. Also, mister shows a kind of formality and respect that I'm not sure I deserve or require. Even some of my students call me 'Nick-teacher' and although it's totally wrong, I allow it.
BUT on Friday, one of my favorite students said the dreaded word.... in her textbook, we were asking each other questions. One question was 'Who is your English teacher?" and she answered "Mr. Nick is my English teacher." I tried to correct her and say no no I am not a mister, but... it was better left unsaid since she barely understands me anyway.
Other that that, can't complain too much about my job. A few weeks ago my manager yelled at me for trying to leave at 8 when I didn't have a scheduled class from 8-9. She said her boss yelled at her for teachers leaving early. So, I took out my contract where it specifically says "Teachers MUST leave school when not teaching." I showed it to her, and I even underlined it, and she said ohhh ok.... and dropped it. I haven't heard anything from my trainer yet, so seems like things are fine.
Well, time for bed. I just wanted to post quickly to prove I'm still aliveeeeee
1 comment:
omg, I totally forgot about that clause in our contracts!! I hung out with Ai while she finished her paperwork and then we both hung out to wait for Wendell. This took about an hour. And the MG didn't like it but didn't say anything. Hopefully he's forgotten that rule, too!! Hmmm........ =D
Post a Comment