Well, Tuesday this week, before class she asked if I like Mister Donuts (the donut chain like dunkin) and I said heck yeah, of course. And sooo she said, well if you don't mind, I'd like to send you a coupon, but I need your cellphone email address.... so I willingly gave it to her. I jokingly told her, you could have just asked for it, you didn't need to make up an excuse... but sarcasm and humor doesn't translate....
So anyway, we were doing a lesson on reacting to news... good, bad, surprising, you name it (Sprint 6 17X) and so I asked them all, just like every class, whats new whats goin on... and they said the usual, I'm tired after work, I had a busy day of school, etc. Well, when it was my turn, I said "I have some bad news.... at the end of the month I will be transferring to a school in China to work." and all of my students kinda looked at me like I was crazy, and they said, REALLY??? And I said yeah, it's so soon, but I thought I would tell you now... and everyone responded correctly, "awww I'm sorry to hear that, I'll miss you" and one of my students kinda caught on that I was kidding... so she was extra dramatic... but the girl who likes me, her face went pale... and she started balling. BALLING her eyes out.
I was like, oh shit!! So I quickly cleared it up... NO I WAS JUST KIDDING!! It's the lesson, ahhhh! Don't worry!! I'm not leaving!!
It really put a damper on the rest of the day. I gave her a huge hug, which was totally not culturally appropriate, but whatever.
Soooo fyi, if you're ever going to try to freak out your students, See if it will make them cry first.
1 comment:
You certainly have a way with the ladies, my man! But seriously, how could you have guessed she would bawl? P.s. Maybe you should let her take you put for some donuts, to make it up to her! (*-*)b. Has this issue been further resolved? I hope so!!!
Post a Comment