So we arrived and had tea and chatted, and then we went one by one into the tarot room which was really tastefully decorated. Nothing side of the road gypsy about it, just a table with a tri-quatra table cloth and a few beads. My cards said I am really enjoying myself now, but in the next few weeks/months things are going to pretty much plummet downhill... and I will be depressed BUT if I stick through it, the future will be very bright.
It's funny because I kinda predicted this would happen... on Saturday I got a phone call from the GEOS study abroad office... I guess in each district there are 1 or 2 teachers who act as study abroad liaisons between the office and other teachers in the district... and in Kansai there are 2, Simon and Alex. Alex has called me a few times and he seems really cool, and he has been really awesome about not really putting any study abroad pressure on me to approach my students... well, the study abroad office told me that Alex is finishing up and they need someone else... and my boss recommended me. And.... I decided to do it. The office said it would be roughly 1 extra hour of work a week, and I laughed out loud on the phone... but Alex assured me he never spent more than 5 hours a week on his extra work... there is no pay raise involved, so it's totally voluntary and when you have time... so I am not too worried. However, I am now in charge of harassing 30 schools (29 plus my own) about getting study abroad referrals.... but it's a "promotion."
But anyway, Sarah's fortune was much the same as mine except now is her hard time and if she's honest and follows her instincts, she will be happy... and halfway through the tarot reader said, "Oh and by the way, you're going to get married." I almost fell out of my chair, and then I had to translate the Japanese to Sarah.... I just said, "ummm so you're going to get married...?" and Sarah said WHAT! But all in all, good times.
After fortune telling my friend Daryn came over and we made gratin and played Wii sports and drank wine.... it was a pretty great evening I say so myself. I really needed a night off from thinking so much about work and life and everything. Of course we talked about pressing topics like euthanasia and genetic engineering haha, but nothing too heavy.
I bought an oven on Friday. I was talking about baking on Wednesday and saying I wanted to buy a rice cooker or an oven or something to bake stuff. My student said, if you get an oven please bake us pizza! And I said, ok sure no prob. Well, on Friday, she came into the school, totally randomly, and handed me pamphlets for different ovens..... with prices next to them. They were so cheap! Usually ovens are around 300-400 bucks, but these were as cheap as 140. So I quickly went to the store, and picked one out, and it was delivered today! But now I have to try to make pizza for them.... which is doable, I just need to find all of the stuff.
That is my mission from now. I am going to head to the 100 yen shop to find some baking pans and measuring stuff... I can't wait!!
Fortune telling with Yuriko
1 comment:
Hahaha, I'm thinking it is sooo the time for big purchases!! I got a bike yesterday, Ai bought a designer necklace, and you bought an oven! Must be something in the air, ey? =D
How big is your oven? Is it an oven oven or a toaster oven? Where do you have the room to put it? LOL, if your aparmtent is like mine, your oven must be in your bedroom!
The fortune teller sounds awesome and I totally want to do that, too! Congrats to Sarah on the wedding! ;)
I'm going to catch up on your other two blogs now, I'm so exciting!! Err, -ed.
Post a Comment