Today was Halloween!! I couldn't find a costume that was interesting, and I didn't think I would be able to dress up, so I didn't worry about it... until my coworker Pat started wearing an Indiana Jones costume all week. So, I decided, well for Halloween, I should wear something... so I went through the two suitcases full of clothes I brought, and I found a green striped hoodie I bought a few years ago at H&M. Many people at Mount Union called me Steve when I wore it (Steve from Blues Clues) so I said, hey, I'll be Steve.

So I printed out a picture of Blue and taped it to my shirt, and there was my costume. My manager at work almost yelled at me for breaking the dress code, but I said, "No, Yuki, it's Halloween!" It just so happened the school had a tape of Blues Clues in it (I dunno why) so we played the tape throughout the day so students could see who I was supposed to be.
Today was a pretty good day actually. I taught all of the lessons on my own, with no one hovering over my shoulders like the past few days. It was VERY nice to have that freedom. I relaxed more, my students relaxed more, and I think we all actually learned something today.
Tomorrow I have 2 kids classes back to back, and then a BIG break for lunch and paperwork, and then some classes at night. Because I work until 9 and the last train from Osaka back to my apartment is around 11, my Saturday nights are shot... but hopefully I can do something fun on Sunday to celebrate my first week of school DONE.
See you all soon!
2 comments:
whoa, ok, that sounds like a pretty cool costume. much better than mine - a boring ol' witch! glad you're enjoying classes, and it is a lot better on your own. it's not so much like performance under pressure!
nice picture :]
Post a Comment